Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Death Match 2013 Final Results are in, and the winners are...

Days - Real Estate
Farrah - Farrah
August & Everything After - Counting Crows
The Taking - Duff McKagan's Loaded
Heaven - The Walkmen
Closing Time - Tom Waits
Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morissette
Prairie Wind - Neil Young
Natural Born Killers Soundtrack
Chinese Democ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HThe Essential Neil Diamond - Neil Diamond

Bonus Song:   Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj (Cher - Nair!)

Listen to Duff's We Win and tell me it isn't the greatest.  I dare you.  Also read his book.  It was pretty darn good.

Neil Diamond is a double album, but I trust I won't hear any complaints.

August and Jagged - I think both stand up pretty decent after time.  I mean both albums have had subsequent (re-recorded) releases (some seemingly multiple times!?)...  Take a look at Johnny Cash's album list on Spotify, 30 songs - 3.4 billion different albums, and people say he's The Man

Prairie Wind is an attempt to represent anything Neil Young.  Listening to him a lot, and recently watched Heart Of Gold, recommended.


5 comments:

  1. I once pulled Jagged Little Pill out of a CD player in college at a party and snapped the disc in half. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commend that action and take pride in making you listen to the album. Karma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised you went with Duff. I would have picked Izzy Stradlin And the Ju Ju Hounds (self-titled) as the best solo album from a GnR alumnus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great album. Izzy and Duff are certainly my favorite GnRss. But Duff is and always has been the greatest.

    ReplyDelete