Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A list

In an attempt to not think about this too much, I've abstained from reading any of your posts so far, so probably there will be some overlap.  Or maybe there's a running joke I'm playing right into.  

This was fun making a list of stuff I like rather than trying to think of what I like best or think will survive the longest.  One thing I'll say about my current music listening is that I'm heavily influenced by NPR First Listen.  I first heard at least three of these picks there. These are in the order in which I thought of them:


Purity Ring - Shrines
The Horrors - Skying
Wilco - Sky Blue Sky
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy
Uncle Tupelo - March 16-20 1992
Lord Huron - Lonesome Dreams
Patty Smith Group - Wave
Of Monsters and Men - My Head is an Animal
Sigur Ros - Kveikur
Psychedelic Furs - Mirror Moves

Also, all of these mostly have words.  Not all in a real language, but still...

- Bruce

6 comments: