Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Sloan - Double Cross vs. Fitz and the Tantrums - Pickin Up the Pieces

VS.

First of all, props to Pagey and Joe LG for keeping it real--getting votes in consistently and timely.  I'm going to try something a little different this time.  You can start voting in 24 hours, letting anyone who wants time to listen.  Then, voting will close after the first seven people get cast their ballots (whenever that is).  In other words, if you want your vote to count, vote early.  Maybe this is a dumb idea but I gotta try something to get you hosers off your asses! 

7 comments:

  1. Third. No disrespect to Fritz, but he ain't got nothin on these Canadians. Relistening I realized that I don't love every song on the album, but I still like each one. And I do LOVE tracks 2, 3, 6, and 12. The first three tracks are like some awesome boxing combination that leave you totally KO'd. Also, Jay Ferguson who wrote a bunch of my favorite tracks here is IMAO one of the best song-writers out there. You can basically count on the fact that his contributions to each record will be perfected pop gems. And finally, it's kind of awesome that all four of the members contribute to the writing and singing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta say I've never listened to Sloan before. I vote for Sloan. Fitz just didn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told Fitz I'd give a guaranteed vote... but oh, doublecross... Sloan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess this series was clinched a while ago, but I'll cast another vote for Sloan. I liked it more than I expected to. You win this time Zwartitude!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only problem with this voting system is that now Zwartitude has to nag people until a seventh person votes. And I just don't know who that seventh person is gonna be.

    ReplyDelete